- Spacious, clean, and naturally lit classrooms with large windows
- Indoor play area with soft obstacles to climb on
- Its own outdoor playground with well-maintained, age-appropriate play structures and toys
- Entrances separate from the preschool
- Three bright and inviting preschool classrooms with picture windows
- Well organized learning materials in defined curricular spaces
- Large outdoor playground with garden, sand box, new play equipment and swings, and panoramic views
- Spotless and open commercial grade kitchen delivering chef-prepared meals and snacks
What Makes us Special?
For over 40 years, Boulder Montessori School (BMS), the second-oldest Montessori school in Boulder and one of the few schools in the region to earn two national accreditations, has provided outstanding early childhood programs for children ages 18 months to six years old.
Committed to the concepts and values of a classic Montessori education, Boulder Montessori School offers a well-rounded, child-centered curriculum that nurtures and sustains the developmental needs of the whole child.
Our thoughtfully prepared educational environment and experienced educators inspire children to explore and enjoy their surroundings by channeling their innate curiosity.
Through hands-on activities and play in multi-age classrooms, Boulder Montessori School cultivates children’s foundational skills and academic proficiency while guiding their social, emotional, physical, ethical, and intellectual progress. Learning activities and materials relating to science, geography, the natural world, art, music, movement, and Spanish language are integrated into the curriculum.
Boulder Montessori School furnishes children with opportunities to exercise independence, employ decision-making skills, and build empathetic and cooperative relationships with peers and adults as they engage in creative, self-directed learning that is responsive to their individual interests and development.
Our exceptional teachers, many of whom have served the school for a decade or longer, are all highly trained and certified by the American Montessori Society (AMS) or the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). They lead the school in concert with our involved parents to foster a culture of caring and ensure a wonderful learning environment.
- We guide students to independence, critical thinking, problem-solving, and a love of learning through experiential, self-directed learning.
- We are dedicated to the principles of respect, trust, mutual understanding, consensus, and care for one another.
- We value our diverse and international community.
- We strive to live in peace with each other and the earth.
Boulder Montessori School is an independent, nondenominational, 501(c)(3) nonprofit school. Applications are accepted year-round, a variety of flexible scheduling options and on-site prepared lunch are offered, and scholarships and summer programs are available.